Military / Veteran Students Application Process

Get Started

Concordia University has 10 locations where you can continue your educational goals. Find a location near you!

Application Process:

1) Submit an Application

Apply for admission here, at no cost using the following code: MILFREE.

2) Using Benefits

  • First Time Use: If you plan to use your educational benefits for the first time and have not received a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), you will need to apply for your benefits online here and also begin an application on as a new user and complete VA Form 22-1990. Make sure you have your DD214 and banking information ready as you will be asked for it in the application.
  • Previous Use: If you have used your benefits before, please submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Barb Ellmaker, CUW VA Certifying Official.

3) Requesting Official Transcripts

It is a requirement to submit official transcripts from all previous institutions you attended. This includes completed transcripts from DSST & CLEP tests.

4) Military Transcripts

The Joint Services Transcript (JST) has replaced the following:

  • Coast Guard Institute Transcript (CGI)
  • Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)
  • Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)

To order your official transcript from JST, set up an account here. Print out an unofficial copy for your admissions counselor and order an official copy to be sent to the Mequon Campus (it will be received by the VA Certifying Official office within 48 hours).

Air Force personnel should contact the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) to receive transcripts.

5) Admission Package Completion

Once all admissions package paperwork is completed, a decision will be rendered, and you will be notified of your status. If accepted, all college and military transcripts will be evaluated for credits to transfer into your course of study and class registration will commence.